Tuesday 1 February 2011

Worry Some Pet Owner..



My very best friend OLMO was not in shape the other day. It is sometimes difficult to take the time , stop and listen ( with your eyes ) what the pet is communicating to you. 
His eyes where dull and sad. 
He did not have appetite, but with him it is not a clear sign as he is a fussy buddy. 
Most of all , he did not wag his tail. 
I felt him warmer than normal and could see him selecting a fresh corner rather than the normal radiator.  So, a slight increase in temperature is fever.


I am not overly fussy and like to hold on, and watch what is wrong before I rush over to the vet.  A good way to lower fever is to cover them in cold (wet) towels. 
I finally found what was wrong. Simply a broken toe nail. Not life threatening but painful.  
 Off we went to the veterinary and it was all taken care off. It is important to keep the nail clean to avoid infection.
Both happier and calmer by now, 
G

No comments:

Post a Comment