Wednesday 9 February 2011

Colours for life !




COLOURS ! 

Shades of colours is an important part of our everyday lives. In how we dress, in interior decoration, in food and are all strongly influenced by hues. I am a fashion designer ( when I do not garden, make natural skincare, play with dogs or cook ) and am sourounded with tons of colours in my office . Always predicting what is the next shade we want to buy. Always making a good colour story for the next year. I pinch napkins in restaurants ( if the shade is perfect ) , pick fruit and flowers for the perfect shade, that is going into a Cashmere sweater. Always having a shade in my mind.

The colour is also light. The reflection of the sun. The beauty of shadows. The Scandinavian Interior decoration style is built on shadows. White and grey.

Colours plays a vitally important role in the world, which we live in. 
Colours can change moods, thinking and cause reaction. It can give energy or lower energy. 
Red is attention and Green is ok, for go ahead. Yellow is energy and attention. Red is Love.... I can go on for ever.
Anyway I think we live in a Blue era at this moment.  And let's remember that Pink is the navy blue of India.
Actually, India is one of my favorite source of colour inspiration.

What's next ? 
A lot of white, stone, beige, sand, kind of non colour ..... now, thinking Spring Summer 2012.

Thank's to all the brights this coming Season. It looks so good. 
Let's endulge in brights,
Gunn





No comments:

Post a Comment