Saturday 17 July 2010

Giving flowers


What happend with the classic way of giving flowers to our loved ones ?


Is the text message taking over...I met a very experienced flower shop owner the other day, and he told me the flower business is in enormous decrease due to all the love notes given over sms, skype, chat and i guess even facebook. 
How sad. 
Isn't it so much more special receiving a bouquet of wonderfully scented flowers ? To place in a nice vase, to enjoy over a few days, and rearrange after some days, hoping it will last at least until the next Saturday - when the next bouquet will hopefully drop in. I am happy to receive greetings over sms and e-mail but will never as valuable as a personal message. 


Tommorrow I will give some flowers to somebody special, as a reminder to myself,
Gunn






No comments:

Post a Comment