Saturday 19 February 2011

Another NEW YORK post !


Everyone stays at The Standard............except me.  
Thought I better stay near the showroom I worked with, so The Mercer was a better choice.


Anyway,  thought I better take a look at it. Drinks at bar...


The Bong Bong room / bar upstairs, with a wonderful view of Manhattan.




Modern fun interior, that  makes it a playground for adults. Personally it is not my kind of hotel. Too much of a scene and the noisy Beirgarten would drive me nuts. 


That area of 14th Street is happening. New shops and Restaurants. I had dinner at MPD, a contemporary French brasserie. Good food , but awfully noisy with overly tending waiters.

Instead...this is what I LIKE..............


What Goes Around Comes Around - a sweet Second hand store with lots of well selected items. Great hand bags.


A coffee brake at Le Pain Quotidien - a perfect meeting place and I happened to have a "soup bowl" of cappuccino. Totally crazy and impossible to drink all that warm milk.


A nice scribble on the wall....bigger than life, just in a NY style.



DE VERA - It could not be more personal. 


TED MUEHLING - Private and amazing, amazing and amazing. 
All the fine handcrafted jewellery and objects are breathtaking.


OPENING CEREMONY - a young and happing store and collection.  Actually I did see their smaller shop in the ACE Hotel on 29th street. That is a fun place with John Dory - a good Oyster restaurant, great lobby for hanging out, Stumptown - a smart cafe and The Breslin Bar & Dining - a place to have the perfect meal produced by artisans. See more on their web   www.acehotel.com


Thanks for following me,
Gunn


1 comment:

  1. Oh, the New York DeVera store! I loved the store in San Francisco. I lived in NY for 12 years and forgot to visit! Beautiful I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete