Sunday 29 May 2011

Countdown


Countdown....there is 5 days left before I start the Clean Program. Dr. Alejandro Junger explains very carefully in his book about the importance of the 10 days before a fast. The body needs to be prepared and mostly the mind. Why am I doing this ? My husband and I have done the Ayurvedic cleansing twice in India and came out newborn after 3 weeks of treatments. I would love to have it in India again but the time is not there for a 3 weeks holiday. It might work well at home and the book CLEAN was so inspirational. 
I feel heavy and slow lately, I do not jump out of bed, I got a small excema on my pinky finger ( indication of toxic overload ) my skin is dry even with layers of Dr. Hauska. 
So I decided some Spring Cleaning is essential. 
BREAKFAST: a bowl of Quinoa with some pollen (Made a batch last night) A large cup of herbal tea. A mix of green tea , rooibos, liquirice, cinnamon, oregano, thyme, sage, rosemary. A glass of peach fruit juice with a spoon of spirulina.
SNACK: I made my favorite Juice. carrot, apple and 1/2 lemon. One rice cracker and a delicious Mint tea with fresh mints. It is easy when you have a garden.

LUNCH: A salad to dye for..... Quinoa, lettuce, the softest avocado, radishes. It was big.

SNACK: lots of fresh water and I had a dip around four. Had a handful of almods and raisons. 
DINNER: Incredibly impossible...I did not have a lot of apetite. Had a rucola sallad with a soon of hummus ( Chickpeas are not recomended by Dr Junger ) that I had made for the family. Could not resist. On a ricecracker. 

I think I did well today. Friend always tell me that I eat as a truckdriver...Hmm
PS. A nice Quinoa salad is on the 101cookbook blog.

Gunn

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you are doing a great job getting ready to start your cleanse. Those meals and drinks sounds delicious (ps, hummus and chickpeas are allowed on Clean!). It is really great that you are taking the time to do the pre-cleanse. Your body will thank you when you start the actual cleanse. Keep up the great Clean eating, and please let me know if you have any questions, or if I can help in any way:)

    Cheers, Meghan
    Clean community ambassador
    Meghan@cleanprogram.com

    ReplyDelete