Friday 11 February 2011

Monty Don's last arrival !




The box of new books came in from Amazonia.com yesterday and it it feels like Christmas Eve again. My first and favorite subject is gardening. 
This is the latest book by Monty Don. Actually I think it was launched in 2009. Himself calls the book a love story. 
As it is in a form of a diary from the family house and garden it is very nice to read it slowly, month after month.
We will see..I just finished the January chapter. I love M.D. soft, friendly and honest way of writing and he takes you into his garden with a description that you even feel the scent of the flowers and the fruit growing there. I read his books in the winter and dream of what can be done in my small garden.

Dreaming of green plants, flowers is soul food.
 In the summer I have his books around to help me when I am stuck or aware of ignorance in carrot growing....
 Often I have to run out and save the books from a rain shower in the garden. They are by now so consumed that I have made my own hard cover. But the content is the same and works wonder for me.
His next book "My Dream Farm" should be released in September.



My friend Edy,  just reminded me of that Happiness - is to share passion, experience and doings from day-to-day.
Gunn

No comments:

Post a Comment