Tuesday 25 January 2011

Lazy Healthy Cooking



An health Advisor once gave me a great thing, a dried nettle powder to take every day in a form of a drink. Good Iron and perfect for the Spring. It can be tiresome and not inspirational. As I am on a soup diet this month and it is considered, lazy cooking. I make large pots that keep me fed for a week and when I have enough, it goes to the dogs. Sounds awful...but, they are normally delicious.  Made a new invention today, added a big tablespoon of nettle powder and could feel ( as eating ) my blood was thanking me for it. I will not show You a photo of the soup as it turned intensely green and looked like food for a Hulk. 
Yummy and good.


If .... I made a cookbook it would be called " Lazy Healthy Cooking ". I guess I will not make one, as there is so many fantastic books on the market. Not only for lazy chefs...Here are my favorites of the moment;



You can pre-order this book on Amazon or Barnes&Noble "super natural every day" by Heidi Swanson. It looks very exciting and can't wait to receive it. I love her cooking style and have made many of her receipts. See her blog at 101cookbooks.


A very special new book is OM JAG VAR DIN HEMMAFRU by Lotta Lindgren.
Translated into " if I was your housewife". I unfortunately need to tell you that for now, it is out in Swedish only. But with her success, it will not take long before it is out in English as well. She has charm and wit as no other chef ever had. Congratulation ! 


I already told you about my very, very favorite chefs and her books. 
Maybe my " ichiban" is CUCINA RUSTICA by Michele Cranston. The photos are amazing and you wish to be inside the ambient she creates. And the climate, Thank You very much....


Gunn










1 comment:

  1. first of all I LOVE the idea for YOUR cookbook, you should certainly write it and I would purchase! (also because your images are so terrific!) and I am going to have to order the super healthy... sounds great! thank you Gunn!

    ReplyDelete