Thursday 6 January 2011

Good reading !


A wonderful fiction with a story within another story about a young poet and his encounters in NY.  I love Paul Auster's way of storytelling. I can highly recommend it, if you did not already read it. It was published in 2009 and it is typical of me to get a bunch of good books and then stack them on a table for a couple of years.



ESKANDAR ( original title )
 I can't get my head out of the book... it is 500 pages of wonderful reading. The story is about a young courageous boy, Eskandar. He is taking us through his life in the 20th century Iran. It is full of details, history , culture, politics and love. I should say it is a " must " to read this book. Some critics are comparing it to " Thousand and one nights " which I fully agree with. I am on the last 50 pages by now and I wish it does not come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment