Saturday 18 June 2011

Vivre COTE SUD at Aix-en-Provence


The fair was actually happening last weekend and I had promised an update during the week. But unfortunately I had a dip of tiredness after driving to many miles , poor food and to many things to catch up with at home in my office. Well, here it is. The Vivre fair is showing once a year and is very well organized and pleasant. Many home, garden, lifestyle suppliers are showing their merchandise. See vivrecotesud. It is a perfect place to shop for your home. I wish I had taken more photos and better ones.

This "room" was made up with a different theme every day by stylists, using the objects from the fair. This day they showed "Brocante" an eclectic style of vintage and new.


The team of the fair was Moroccan this year and the stylist had made up these floating rooms with different personalities. 
To my joy they also served Moroccan mint tea.


My favorite stand was Longmetrage with a selection of vintage linens for the table or the bed, over-dyed into marvelous hues.  Here is Sophie in a 19 century linen nightshirt, dyed in a lime shade. I think it is the perfect summer-dress and so chic-issimo...
She was standing in a bright sunshine and the shades did not come out as they should, so please see the homepage. Or visit their Blog at longmetrage.wordpress.com 
They just started it and I am positive it will become one of my favorite for information on what is going on, in Paris.


Here is a company La Case a Vanille, from Madagascar, specialized in organic Vanilla. 
I stocked up for the next year of baking. 


It was also a contest of best painted plate. I did not follow up , who won. They where great looking and my favorite was a dark navy plate with a design of a sardine. 



Sneakers from Bensimon Collection. A perfect sneaker in tons of colours, seams to be a must these days. 


Marianne Lindh had a fantastic success and a line of costumers every day, wanting her traditional same bracelets, she is actually stitching herself. She was up at 6 am repairing 
( as we shared the room , I know ) bracelets for costumers so they could pick them up the next day. I call that a perfect service. Chapeau Marianne !


Marianne has used the tradition as a base and then her creativity to develop new styles for a contemporary client. Her 2 wraps and 3 wraps are stunning.




This was the trendy style at Vivre Cote Sud, I could see many ladies in a large linen t-shirt, often off the shoulder with a Panama hat. This is lovely Madame Baraa, who is Tunisian and is making gorgeous stoles in linen. A supplier had Ecuador panama hats for sale.

Hope to return next year,
Gunn

No comments:

Post a Comment