Sunday 22 May 2011

Wonderful Food by Heidi Swanson




I received some new books from Amazon a couple of days ago. It is always like Christmas Eve when the box arrives.


 "super natural every day" by Heidi Swanson in San Francisco was one of them. 
Click on her name to arrive at her blog. You might recognize it from my favorite blog list.



So, I have been cooking and eating all weekend, when I did not work in the vegetable garden.... Her natural and personal style is wonderful and makes me feel very comfortable cooking her food. She is also using ingredients I normally have stocked in my pantry, such as Organic Japanese Tamari, Millet, Seeds, Whole Grains and Beans. She has a very warm style in writing and is very descriptive on how to use utensils and ingredients. I found that very interesting and lovely to read.  Actually, I read it cover to cover. 


Not only that, she is also taking some beautiful photographs. They are stylish, inspirational and awaken your appetite. Food is not easy to get well on film. 


Here is just one example of many great recipes in the book. If you are ready for a healthy cooking and a new fresh book , this is the one. The millet muffins where just delicious to have for Sunday Breakfast. 
Remember to click on each image to make them bigger.

PS. It is also making me nostalgic of San Francisco, where I lived for four years. It is time to return for a holiday and see one of my dearest friends. 

I Just Love San Francisco, 
Gunn



3 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and it is nice, so I want to invite you to follow my blog, and if you follow me, I will follow yours...

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. let's go to SF together!! I in... are you!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jesse, I am in.... Just signed in to your art blog.

    ReplyDelete