Thursday 26 May 2011

Green Pasta



Sometimes I do think if a goat can survive in my garden, I can ....
It is nice to invent something tasty and healthy from almost nothing. I made a pasta for my lunch today and it turned out great. Whole weat "penne" with Dandelions. I actually grow Dandelions but it is equally nice with wild ones. If the leaves are tender. I cut some wild Fennel and some leaves of Coriander. I have a small cast iron pot with the perfect lid. So the trick is to heat the pot, throw in the washed and cut greens, still slghtly wet and close the lid. I added a handful of raisons as well. Let cook for 3 minutes. Not more, the greens will turn brown and there is nothing worse than brown, overcooked vegetables. They need to have a bright green shade. Open the lid and add the warm pasta. Finish off with your favorite Olive oil and some drops of Tamari.


 It could not be more simple and perfectly healthy.
                                                                 Bon apetito,
                                                                     Gunn

No comments:

Post a Comment