Monday 23 May 2011

Tonic Water From Elder Flowers


The garden is full of Elder flowers in May . 
My old files of scrap paper had a note on Elder flowers for tonic water.  Why not ? Let's try it.
 I know there is a lot you can make. Kind of fritters with the flowers , but I guess it's not what I am into right now. 

How to make a lovely refreshing and slightly astringent toner for face. It is very light and neutral that I would recommend it for all skin types.
Steep 2 cups of fresh handpicked and cleaned flowers in 1/2 cup of boiled water for 24 hours. Keep a lid on for keeping the scent. I used a recycled marmalade jar. Strain and fill a nice bottle. 
My old note said - It whitens and soften the skin.


It is worth a try. Quite easy to make. I do not know how long it is lasting, perhaps for a week. But I would suggest to store the bottle in a cool place.

Gunn




No comments:

Post a Comment