Sunday 1 May 2011

Flower market



Twice a year, we have an amazing flower market in the hills of the prealps in Piedmont. And I would not miss this appointment for anything in the world. Even if it is a wonderful spring rain, we gardeners appreciate a lot.


A view from the castle.  Biella is located, kind of the very center of the photo.


Castello Masino is dominating from the hill of Caravino and is a worthwhile visit. The foundation FAI has made a thorough restoration of the castle and the garden. It is aslo FAI , who has initiated this appointment together with garden architect Paolo Pejrone
For traveling, there is some information on piemonteitalia



I get so busy looking at plants for my garden that I forget to take photos.
My friend Elisabeth, who accompanied me, is also so much better at it. 
Click on each image to see them better.


There is not only flowers, but also a large selection of plants for the vegetable garden and aromatic herbs. This occasion brings a waste amount of Gardeners with their specialized products. There is a supplier for all kinds of exotic Begonias, there is antique fruit , water flowers and one is specialized in ferns. Endless of amazing ideas and presentations.


I have this idea ( might be crazy ) to start a small chicken garden. To have new friends, for some fresh eggs ( although I do not really eat eggs ) for gifts, but mostly for their poop. It is the best for the vegetable garden..... Found a supplier of charming chickens.



Peonies, what can I say. Just perfect. Did God create them ?


My concentration is mostly on perennial plants for my blue garden. Anyone with a sane mind would have given up long time ago. I started it 8 years ago and it looks like it was made yesterday. Living in the hills, the soil is impossible and I try to improve it every year. 
The best result I am getting is Iris, Peonies and Acquleia.


A bi-coloured Aquilegia caerulea "Heavenly Blue"


More friends...


A place to be ...


This is also a way to shop the market. 

It was great !
Gunn



2 comments:

  1. I love this!! wish I could have been there with you! thanks for taking so many photos! loved to see that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You ! for giving me a comment

    ReplyDelete