Friday 29 October 2010

My new invention......


Too lazy ........
to go into town for food-shopping today, made do with what I had in the pantry and out came a really nice lunch. I wish to share it with you. Hash browns are easy to make and are very tasty. They are mostly eaten for breakfast with bacon or sausages in the UK and the North America. I had it with beans and steamed kale as I am almost a 100% vegetarian. I say almost because we eat fish on special occasion's and in restaurants. The kale is a touch over cocked, I normally prefer it crispier and the green colour should be more vibrant. No one is perfect....



We don't really have a habit to make hash-browns in our house but I love them sometimes.It makes me think of my years in New York. 
I used 4 potatoes in the large grater.


Luckily there is still some fresh Zucchinis in the garden.


I grated them as well and mixed them in with the potato. With some salt and fresh black pepper. Add a fine cut onion as well.


Normally hash browns are made with milk. I had a lovely organic Kefir ( Yogurt ) at home and I actually prefer the taste. Mix it in and strain out as much water as you can.


Fry it in butter ( organic will do ).



I ended the meal with a Mint infusion.

You should try it........
Gunn

No comments:

Post a Comment