Saturday 23 October 2010

Heart shape


The shape of a heart is always very sweet and attractive as a decoration. 
We just received these wooden hearts for Christmas in the shop and I think they are lovely. 
It also made me think about why the heart shape is so special. 

The heart has long been used as a symbol to indicate love and affection in European folklore, in felt, in wood work, in painted objects, mostly painted red. 
It is also a symbol we learn at an early age. Declaring love for one and other.

Many classical philosophers and scientists, including Aristotle, considered the heart the symbol of thought, reason or emotion, often rejecting the value of the brain. Hm....I guess we all experienced that..... 


This is the heart I used to make my post at the Valentine's day.


 In Sweden, the traditional Christmas ginger snaps is often in a heart shape and if you poke a finger in the center of the cookie and it brakes in three pieces, you can make a wish that comes true. I guess it always has to do with love.

Love to all,
Gunn


No comments:

Post a Comment