Wednesday 14 July 2010

Pipistrelle, our new neighbors


My latest idea is to house some bats in our garden. Their payback is to eat 2.500 mosquito's every day and if i get 2 houses that is 5.000 a day...



 Bats are extremely important and mostly not wanted. They are in alarming decline and by putting up bat houses you are helping them with a safe shelter. Do you want to learn more about bats and give them support go on to www.bats.org.uk or www.batroost.com







I guess I can approve of this if it turns grey and old looking. We will place them under the roof at the back of the barn ( my office these days ).



 July and August are the months they need to feed their babies. They normally just have one
a year. They go into hibernating in the winter. Luckily as I am not prepare to get up early to feed bats. It is enough with 5 dogs , 2 cats and all the wild birds.

Well if I am good to them in this life i might get some returns in the next one,
Gunn

No comments:

Post a Comment