Tuesday 13 July 2010

Lavender harvest



This year's harvest of lavender is amazing. It is always sad to cut down the lovely blooms at the time when they look the best. I normally run late and they are not useful anymore.




All of the photos i am showing is just a third of what I collected. A nice aroma for the house and for many other things. I think I will use some of it for the bath salts we will be making later on in the season. Maybe for some cookies for the Saturday dinner with friends. Or some   tiny pillows for sleeping better , all though it is not my problem.




I had some guests over for lunch last week and I served organic vanilla ice cream and sprinkled some fresh lavender blooms on top. Really nice and I can highly recommend it.




You can see my vegetable garden in the back. It is coming along just fine. I managed to make 10 jars of gooseberry jam last week. Just storing up for the winter breakfasts.



As always , my best friend are making me company and controlling that i am doing the right thing.


Hopefully I am,
Gunn

1 comment:

  1. you inspired me to cut mine as well.. although it only came out to a handful... maybe a eye pillow at the very most... thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete