Tuesday 7 December 2010

Seeing snow for the first time


Snow , is sometimes something very special.

 We are having a young boy ( 13 ) in our house for the last month. His name is Steven and came from Peru to stay with him mom in Italy. When he reached European grounds, 
his biggest wish was see snow and play with the dogs. 
When we got the first snow flakes ( to my despair ) it was magic to his eyes. He was out rolling around experiencing the ice for the first time in his life. What a joy it can be to spend time with children. 


I grew up in Sweden during the time children played outdoors and have wonderful memories of building igloos , rolling the snow for a snowman, rolling smaller balls for lanterns and so on. I am proud and happy that I could teach him something from my culture today. Sometimes the smallest of moments are often the most special.

Gunn

No comments:

Post a Comment