Monday 13 December 2010

Homemade Bath Salt


All you need is Summer, Sun and Fresh air ! 
We are in the middle of December and the days are so dark and cold.  I can't stand it and is already counting the days when I can have my breakfast in the beloved garden.


I made these photos this last summer when we made fresh bath salt for the shop. Just to look at the photos it made me feel lighter. So I like to share this receipt with you. Be creative and use what you can find in your garden or in your herbal store.


We need 1 kg of Sea Salt , flowers or herbs. I used the lovely petals of Marigold / Calendula and the Profumatissima ( actually the name of this rose in Italy ) Rose petals and a few fresh Pepper mint leaves.  Mix it all up and fill a pretty glass jar.


Take as much as you like for a hot bath. It will make you feel like a princess ! If you do not like all the petals floating around you, fill a cotton gauze bag, and and close tight with a string. It is a giant teabag , sort of thing...
I would suggest the bath in the evening, just before night time . A bath makes you head spin and sleepy and never longer than 20 minutes. Then it looses the beneficial properties.

 You can also use dried flowers as we are in the winter season and quite impossible to pick marigolds and roses.

Enjoy !




No comments:

Post a Comment