Wednesday 7 March 2012

Garden and kitchen


The Silver Spoon kitchen made the most perfect cooking book,
 VEGETABLES FROM AN ITALIAN GARDEN. 
A season by season guide to cooking vegetables the Italian way. 
Wich is a a perfect way to eat healthy, economically, locally and sustainably.


The book is divided into 4 seasons and is explaining what vegetable is " in season " for the beginners. With instructions on how to grow them in your garden. 
Collect the produce and how to prepare them.



Each season got a colored ribbon as a divider. It's great.
 There is lots of classic tasty Italian recipes.


Another book I keep using lately is this sweet ( just as it's content ) little book of sponge cake recipes. It was made by Swedish Mia Ohrn ( with 2 dots on the O ) and Claes Karlsson
They probably love to "fika" as much as I do.


My very favorite cake this month is with a Cardamom spice. 
I thought I would be very kind and translate this for you. it is worth making it, believe me.....
It takes: ( I now it by memory...he he )

2 Eggs
1 Cup of normal sugar
1 Cup of brown sugar / caster sugar 
Cups of fine flour 
2 Teaspoon baking powder
75 Gram of non-salted butter
1 Cup of milk
2 Tablespoon of ground Cardamom

I start with melting the butter in the cake-form in the oven as it is slowly heating.
Let it cool and add the milk on the side.
I brush the cake-form and sprinkle grated coco on it's sides. I prefer this to the normal bread-crumps. It is lighter.
Whip the eggs and sugar into a soft foam.
Turn in the flour and baking powder carefully.
Add the cardamom. I have a tendency to exaderating this measurement. I love spice.
Add butter/milk.

Pour it all into the form and bake for 40 minutes. 
Leave some for licking clean the form...it is the best for an uplifting mood.

So enjoy it with a cup of tea ! 

FIKA is a word used called the coffee break at 11 am and 3 pm.

I am hooked,
Gunn



No comments:

Post a Comment