Thursday 27 October 2011

Special every day !


This is my decoration for this winter in my entrance window. It is normally a No No to dried flowers in our house, but these decorative Chinese Lanterns will do wonders in the dark.
The flowerpot is an old Salt Glazed Stonewear Canister 
 This kind of container was used in all Scandinavian homes in the mid 1900 for storing food, such as herring, butter or anything you could keep for a length of time in the cold pantry. I remember them from my granny's house in many sizes. I think they are to be found only at flea markets these days.
I love to use the most basic vases or pots and make a personal decoration. This earth brown shade sits well with the bright orange. 

The photo is taken by my friend Elisabeth Ardouin. 


A beautiful photo a day ....should keep the Psychiatrist away.....

Gunn


No comments:

Post a Comment