Friday 21 October 2011

Girls in the forest !


As I told you in my last post, I went north this week...to Stockholm. 
It was kind of travel to another season and another century. My friends live in an old summer school from the 19th century, all in red Falu painted wood, right by the sea, north of Stockholm. It is all so charming and very different from my old stone house in the northern Italy.  


This is an excellent mushroom season and my friend is a pro. It is the very first time I am out in the forest looking for mushrooms and it was a fantastic experience. I am now hooked and would love to try it again. 
Mainly because it looks so fabulous , dried in a glass jar in the pantry. 


It was really difficult to catch the small glossy little things in the mix of colorful wet leaves.


Nice !!


At least it is a good start. You might not be impressed , but I returned home with a heavy basket. I placed them on a baking tray and turned the oven on 50° and let them dry slowly.  It is delicious to add in a stew or just fry them in a salty butter.


Cantharellus tubaeformis or Yellowfooth.




Gunn

2 comments:

  1. Fina bilder! Hoppas furikaken blir bra :) Kram Billie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hej Billie ! Oh TACK sjalv. Kram

    ReplyDelete