Sunday 10 April 2011

Happy Easter !


Easter is almost around the corner.......
It will be nice to take some time off and celebrate with friends and family. Easter is the second most important religious holiday after Christmas in Italy. 
 I can see lots of creative chocolate Easter eggs around. They are hollow and normally has a surprise inside. And we also eat a sweet bread called Colomba and is similar to the bread eaten at Christmas, Panetone. A very important gift giving season as well. 

If the weather allow it is a good time to celebrate by the seaside.
  
This cute little chicken ( a friend sent it to me last year and I kept it my files) make me think of being a child and easily fooled. I thought if I wrapped a fresh egg in some warm textile, a scarf or similar and kept it on the radiator for a week a "real chicken " would be born. I tried many times....

G

No comments:

Post a Comment