Sunday 6 November 2011

I Don't Play Golf


When friends talk about their fascinating hobbies and sport I think about my own hobby and  I normally explain that I do not play golf...because I find it a wast of presciuos time.
So what, am I  doing instead ? 

Collecting berries....is one of the waisting time occupation. It might be mad, but I love it. It is so incredible soothing for the mind and body to be outdoors , touching the nature with bare hands and bring some of it home for further enjoyment.


This was one of the special moments in Sweden at my friends house, when I picked mushrooms. The scandinavian forest are more wild then the Italian and we have nothing like this in the area of where I live, at least not to my knowledge. The most common berries are Dog Rose ( Rosa Canina )


This still life made me stop for a moment. It is really beautiful. 
It is painted by artist Menna Angharad from England. Click on her name and you will arrive at her site. 
Rose hips is a very useful little berry. Sweet to use for adorning your home and it can be used in apple sauce, soups, syrups, marmalade, tarts and even more. Each hip comprises an outer fleshy layer which may contain up to 150 seeds embedded in a matrix of fine hairs. The irritating hairs should be removed before using the rose hips in a recipe. 

Rose hips are an amazing source of Vitamin C. 
I add some Rose Hip powder to my porridge in the morning, hoping it will give me strong bones.

Enthusiastically sportive......
Gunn





No comments:

Post a Comment